Job Opportunity With Berkeley Springs Police Department.
The Berkeley Springs Police Department is currently seeking a qualified individual for the position of Police Administration Specialist.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police, the Police Administration Specialist is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Department, including providing support to the Chief of Police, and to Police Personnel. The Police Administration Specialist performs a wide variety of confidential and complex administrative, secretarial, and clerical activities related to the daily operation of the police department. The nature of the work requires attention to detail, the ability to proofread and check work upon completion, the exercise of mature judgment, and the ability to work directly with the public.
- Facilitates the daily activities of the Police Departments Administrative Office, with frequent interaction with all town organizational levels, the public, other law enforcement agencies, vendors and others both in person and via the phone.
- Coordinates information flow for the Police Chief and Staff including taking and responding to phone calls, reviewing and responding to incoming mail and email, and referring to appropriate parties for response or action when needed.
- Serves as a liaison between the Police Chief and Department staff.
- Prioritizes, organizes, and delegates a variety of administrative tasks; municipal procedures, practices and policies; and general office procedures including maintaining complex and confidential records and files, collecting and distributing mail for the Department, providing information on departmental policies and procedures to the public, coding and processing invoices, purchasing office and operating supplies, and making travel arrangements for department staff.
- Drafts various letters to internal and external contacts including Department and town staff, other law enforcement agencies, legal representatives, suppliers and the public for the Department.
- Researches, analyzes, and prepares special projects and reports.
- Schedules, arranges, and takes written minutes for Department meetings.
- Maintains all Police Department personnel and training records, registers Officers for training, and updates completed training required by the state.
- Receives and distributes subpoenas for all officers.
- Aids the Town of Bath Clerk and other town departments as needed.
- Prepares annual & special reports for the State and Federal levels.
- Completes and reviews payroll for Police Department staff on a bi-weekly basis.
- Works closely with the Chief of Police or assigned officer when ordering, receiving, and distributing new equipment for the Department.
- Attend meetings and staff meetings as required by the Chief of Police and represent the department in a professional manner.
- Provide clerical support to members of the police department as needed.
- Perform all job duties in an accurate, professional, and timely manner.
- Maintain an acceptable level of competence, professionalism, and ability to ensure duties are performed as outlined in this job description.
- Work scheduled hours, arriving promptly for duty when scheduled.
- Maintain acceptable standards of conduct.
- Maintain the confidence and trust of peers, superiors, and general citizenry.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, and work independently of direct supervision.
- Ability to use a calculator, office phone, copy and fax machine.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of progressively responsible administrative experience. Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screen.
Work is performed in an office setting and involves intermittent sitting, standing, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, and walking, with the potential for extended period of standing and sitting.
Intermittent lifting, pushing, and pulling of light objects and moderately heavy objects up to 25 lbs.
Requires visual and muscular dexterity and hand/eye coordination for extended periods, hearing sounds/communication, close vision, handling/grasping/fingering objects, and lifting/carrying objects.
Health, dental, and vision insurance as well as WV State retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Applications can be obtained at the Berkeley Springs Police Department located at 271 Wilkes Street, Suite B Berkeley Springs, WV or downloaded from the Town of Bath website: Townofbath.org. All applications must be returned to the Berkeley Springs Police Department via mail or email by 5:00 pm on April 24, 2023. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Bath is an Equal Opportunity Employer