Friends of the NBRT Tree Planting
Hello Friends of the NBRT: (10/27/2022)
The Town-of-Bath Tree Board working with the WV Division of Forestry has purchased 19 trees & shrubs for the NBRT Trail Head (Lot-3) near the Train Depot. We need volunteers to help with planting & landscaping next Saturday (Nov 5th) at 10am.
We will take a group picture for the newspaper around noon. Afterwards, I will give a tour of the Train Depot. Susan Webster has been working with the newly reestablished Historic Landmark Commission to move the Depot rehab project forward.
Trail-Head (lot-3) next to the Train Depot
What to bring (optional):
Work Gloves, Rakes & Shovels, Wheelbarrow or Garden Carts, Mallets for stakes
What to do:
1) Sign in at the Depot (Tree Board needs In-Kind Community contribution)
Receive your team assignment
2) Training session for proper Tree/Shrub planting & fertilizing.
3) Break out into Teams to Plant, fertilize & mulch
(Pre-Dug Holes will have a Color Flags to define tree to be planted)
Flag-Color & Trees to be planted
• White – American Hornbeam
• Pink – Kwanzan Cherry
• Blue – Winter King Hawthorne
• Orange w/X – Pragense Viburnum (Shrubs)
Friends of the NBRT